FUNERAL - In fields of pestilent grief - CD-Digi
CD with bonus track "When Ruin Beckons" (99 demo) in Digipak with 8-page booklet
In 2002, Norwegian funeral doom masters FUNERAL released ‘In Fields of Pestilent Grief’ after seven years of silence.
While the record still carried the trademarks of “the most depressing band in the world,” it was also considered their angriest record due to the extenuating circumstances under which it was written.
The record immortalizes late bassist and songwriter Einar Frederiksen as it was his final work with the band before tragically committing suicide a year after the release.
For fans of EVOKEN, AHAB, MOURNING BELOVETH.
Artwork by Adrien Bousson.
01. Yield to Me (07:08)
02. Truly a Suffering (04:33)
03. The Repentant (06:41)
04. The Stings I Carry (05:41)
05. When Light Will Dawn (08:35)
06. In Fields of Pestilent Grief (01:46)
07. Facing Failure (06:13)
08. What Could Have Been (03:43)
09. Vile Are the Pains (05:50)
10. Epilogue (04:29)
11. When Ruin Beckons - Bonus Demo 1999 (06:37)