You can't stop Rock 'n' Roll
incl. 16% VAT, plus
For the purchase of this item you'll receive
Add to basket
Find more TWISTED SISTER
Kommt als Doppel-CD inkl. dem legendären "Live at the Marquee 1983" Auftritt auf der Bonus-CD!
Formed in 1973, Twisted Sister combined the theatricality of the glam rock movement with the sharp edge of groups like David Bowie and Alice Cooper to conjure its one-of-a-kind sound.
Twisted Sister made its Atlantic Records debut in 1983 with You Can’t Stop Rock ’N’ Roll and has been certified gold. The album was a turning point for the Long Island quintet and helped set the stage for their rise to fame over the coming years.
Rhino revisits Twisted Sister’s early days with a newly remastered version of that album, which has been expanded with a rare live performance recorded in London months before the studio album was released.
After years playing clubs around New York, Twisted Sister signed with Atlantic Records and released You Can’t Stop Rock ’N’ Roll in May 1983. The stellar album includes hard-rocking classics like the title track, “I Am (I’m Me)” and “The Kids Are Back.” Along with the album’s original tracks, this newly remastered version also features three studio bonus tracks: “One Man Woman,” “Four Barrel Heart Of Love” and “Feel The Power,” which previously appeared on the B-side of the You Can’t Stop Rock ‘N’ Roll EP.
Previously released as a Rhino Handmade title, the live performances featured on the second disc were recorded in March 1983 over two nights at London’s famed Marquee Club. The songs find Twisted Sister raw, hungry and catching fire just a few months before the group achieved breakout success on radio and MTV.
The performances on LIVE AT THE MARQUEE CLUB are unrelenting as the band demolishes nearly every song from its debut Under the Blade, including the show opener “What You Don’t Know (Sure Can Hurt You).” Along with covers of the Shangri-Las’ “Leader Of The Pack” and the Slade version of the R&B staple “Let The Good Times Roll,” the album also includes the first-ever public performance of “You Can’t Stop Rock ’N’ Roll,” which would later surface on the band’s second studio album. Bits of Snider’s legendary stage banter can also be heard between songs.
- The Kids Are Back
- Like A Knife In The Back
- Ride To Live, Live To Ride
- I Am (I'm Me)
- The Power And The Glory
- We're Gonna Make It
- I've Had Enough
- I'll Take You Alive
- You're Not Alone (Suzette's Song)
- You Can't Stop Rock 'n' Roll
- One Man Woman
- Four Barrel Heart Of Love
- Feel The Power
Show all Tracks
- What you don't know (Sure can hurt you) (Live at the Marquee 1983)
- Sin after sin (Live at the Marquee 1983)
- Bad boys (of rock 'n' roll) (Live At The Marquee 1983)
- Destroyer (Live at the Marquee 1983)
- Leader of the pack (Live at the Marquee 1983)
- Tear it loose (Live at the Marquee 1983)
- Band rap (Live at the Marquee 1983)
- You can't stop rock 'n' roll (Live At The Marquee 1983)
- Run for your life (Live at the Marquee 1983)
- Shoot' em down (Live at the Marquee 1983)
- Dee's rap (Live at the Marquee 1983)
- It's only rock 'n' roll (but I like it) (Live At The Marquee 1983)
- Band introductions (Live at the Marquee 1983)
- I am (I'm me) (Live at the Marquee 1983)
- Under the blade (Live at the Marquee 1983)
- Let the good times roll (Live at the Marquee 1983)
Show all Tracks